Top Lawn Care Companies in Richardson
Now you might wonder: where to find a Richardson lawn care service near me? Since finding a top-rated lawn mowing service can be challenging, we offer a list below that ranks the best Richardson lawn care services based on our review of online customer satisfaction. Wikilawn.com is in no way affiliated with these, nor have we used them.
1) 54 Blocks - Mario GomezGet Quotes
Mario Gomez from 54 blocks is an expert in lawn care and maintenance. He can handle anything you need, and he has the reviews to back it up! His prices are extremely fair and he is known as one of the smartest, yet friendliest lawncare professionals out there. Your lawn is in good hands with 54 blocks.
2) Cut The Lawn - Linus AugustusGet Quotes
There’s more to mowing your lawn than you realize. Linus at Cut The Lawn understands that and offers his customers his years of expertise without charging them an arm and a leg. If you want to have a professionally maintained lawn at a fair price, it would do you good to get in touch with Linus Augustus at Cut The Lawn today!
3) Darren Murphy - Darren MurphyGet Quotes
Darren Murphy has been serving residents of the Richardson area for over ten years now. He can help you out with anything you need regarding your lawn. From pest control to weeding, mowing, watering, and other lawn work, Darren is one of the most knowledgeable and professional lawn care workers in the business. Get in touch with him today for a quick and easy quote.
4) Country Boy’s Lawn & Landscape - Beau PredtechenskisGet Quotes
Sometimes it takes a country boy’s touch to make a lawn look right. Let Country Boy’s Lawn and Landscape handle all your lawn care needs. They handle everything from big landscaping projects to simple lawn maintenance work and their prices are some of the best around. Let Beau and his crew swing by for a one-time job, or on a regular basis to give your lawn the new life it deserves!
5) Charrez Landscape - OwnerGet Quotes
Have you ever thought about adding an extravagant pond to your lawn? What about an extension on your patio, or a massive vegetable garden on the side of your house? From beautiful walkways to stunning floral projects, Charrez landscape tops the competition without a doubt. The team at Charrez has completed dozens of marvelous projects all around Richardson, making them a town favorite!
6) Savins Landscapes & Maintenance - Laughton SavinsGet Quotes
Richardson is known for having great lawns, and Savins Landscapes & Maintenance can help you keep up with your neighbors. They’re a family-owned company that specializes in creating amazing landscaping work as well as providing high-quality lawn care. If you need a new patio, flower garden, or just want outstanding upkeep done around your lawn, Savins is an excellent choice in Richardson.
The #1 Richardson, TX Lawn Care & Lawn Mowing Guide
Lawn care is likely one of the last outdoor activities Richardson residents are looking forward to, so we decided to make it easy. Our Richardson lawn care and lawn mowing guide will keep residents’ yards green throughout the year and allow more time to enjoy what the has to offer.
Lawn Mowing in Richardson
Lawn mowing is the most common task to do, but it’s easy to damage your grass if you’re unaware of the following tips:
- The One-Third Rule: Only cut your grass one-third of its height each time you’re lawn mowing. If more is cut, then the grass will be weaker and more vulnerable to diseases and pests.
- Mow Frequently: Mow your lawn until the grass growth slows down or stops (the latter which is more common during cold seasons). Grass cutting between two to four times a month should be enough.
- Keep Grass Clippings: After each mow, you should leave the grass clippings on your yard. Although this sounds messy, the clippings eventually become organic fertilizer and bring enriching nutrients to your grass. If you hired a lawn service professional, then remind the person to do this.
- Switch Up Mowing Pattern: Mow across from different directions. Don’t mow in the same direction all the time or else your grass blades will end up leaning in one direction, giving your yard a strange look.
- Watch Out For Mowing Hills: Mowing hills can be difficult because you need to go work side to side, rather than lawn mowing up and down a hill. It’s dangerous to mow up and down a hill because the ensuing debris may fly at you—increasing the chance you might slip and fall. If you’re a riding mower user, switch to a push mower if the hill’s angle is too steep. Ask a lawn service professional to do this for you if you’re suffering from ankle issues or other related health issues.
Lawn Maintenance Tips for Richardson
In order to further equip your Richardson lawn care skills, we added two that generally only lawn service professionals know. These two skills are best employed in Richardson during spring and fall.
Core Aeration in Richardson
Aeration is when holes are created in the soil, so compacted soil breaks apart. This is known to improve soil drainage for your lawn. Richardson lawns require aeration because it boosts resistance against pests and droughts and benefits the overall health of the soil.
You should aerate only twice a year: once during springtime and once again during the fall. Also, choose a time early in the morning when the soil is moist and temperatures are cool—this will make it easier to plunge your aerator.
Overseeding in Richardson
Overseeding is the practice of adding seeds onto existing grass to rejuvenate your lawn and fix patchy areas. Grass loses life over time and dies. If your lawn sustains heavy foot traffic or is overwatered, this is a good method to preserve your lawn. Overseeding brings new grass life to your lawn.
Before you overseed, first rake your lawn and remove any dead grass. This will loosen up the soil, which the seeds need direct contact with for growth. Remember to scatter the seeds evenly across the lawn. The best growing periods are usually during the spring and fall.
Hiring a Richardson Lawn Care Company
Since there are plenty of things to do outdoors in Richardson, residents generally don’t want to be stuck with the dull chore of lawn care. That’s why many instead choose the next best option: hiring a lawn service professional.
Richardson lawn care services are more than just plain grass cutting. They offer important lawn treatment services that range from pest control and weed removal to aeration and overseeding. It’s also wise in general to have an expert evaluate how much lawn maintenance your property truly needs. Additionally, there are some good tips to bear in mind when choosing a lawn care service in Richardson.
The first one is to hire an actual lawn service professional, not a neighbor or any person who can only offer a mower and a truck. Although hiring amateurs may seem cost-effective, their lack of expertise will result in a neglected lawn in the long-run, such as failing to identify diseases and pests early. The second tip is to hire a fully-insured lawn service professional. This will free you from any anxiety on the rare occasion that a pro damages your property.
Finally, you should consider organizing your neighbors together and ask for a bulk discount from a lawn care company. If several jobs can be completed with just one visit to a neighborhood, landscapers are more likely to offer discounts because they profit more from the time saved on their schedules. Furthermore, landscapers are held to greater accountability for quality work since you and your neighbors will be able to compare lawns afterward.
- Water restrictions in San Antonio, New Braunfels
When you think of how hot the summers get in South-Central Texas, you may want to water your lawn for as long and as often as possible. Not so fast! Getting into this mindset could threaten the water supply. That’s why there are watering restrictions in San Antonio and nearby cities. Since a stretch of […]JUNE 27TH, 2019
- 5 Ways to Refresh Your Georgetown, TX Landscape with a Pop of Color
As most Georgetown, Texas homeowners will readily admit, lawn maintenance and general upkeep of their home’s exterior can be a tiring and never-ending undertaking. A good way to combat that feeling of landscape fatigue is to hit the refresh button on small elements in your yard. With some tweaks here and there your tired, familiar […]FEBRUARY 21ST, 2019
- Houston’s Worst Weeds
Weeds are troublesome plants growing where we don’t want them, and Houston has plenty of them. They’re classified in several different groups: grasses and broadleaf, and perennials and annuals. Annuals have winter and summer varieties: winter weeds die when it gets hot, and summer annuals die when it cools off in the fall. Many of […]JUNE 27TH, 2019
- The Worst Weeds in Your San Antonio Lawn
Here are the five worst weeds that San Antonio area homeowners have to contend with, from chickweed to thistle.JULY 12TH, 2019
- A Comprehensive Guide to Watering Austin, TX Lawns
Austin, Texas is home to some hot and humid summers. There is always a chance for drought in this region and so its residents need a solid foundation of watering methods to continue to conserve as much water as possible. Below we have compiled a guide to watering the lawn specific to the region of […]APRIL 3RD, 2019
- 31 Pictures Showing Why Everyone is Moving to Austin, Texas
Texas might be booming, but Austin is on fire. In 2016, Austin was the 3rd fastest growing city and #1 in the rankings for the most new home construction in the United States for good reasons. Not only is the Austin economy on the rise with unemployment dropping, but it also has a happening live […]APRIL 24TH, 2019
- The Worst Pests in San Antonio and How to Get Rid of Them
Photo credit: Thompson Rivers on Visual Hunt / CC BY-NC-SA Those summertime pests are back. Is there anything that bugs you more? They get under our skin, our clothing and gardens. Here’s a list of the pests that bug us in San Antonio and some tips on getting rid of them before they make your […]JUNE 27TH, 2019
- Houston’s Worst Pests (and How to Get Rid of Them)
Houston has a bug problem. One 2017 survey named the city as the most-pest-infested city in America. We’ve singled out the worst creepy-crawly pests and how to get rid of them. Cockroaches Cockroaches love hot and humid urban environments, which means Houston is perfect. About 38 species of cockroaches live in Texas, and Houston generously hosts […]JUNE 27TH, 2019
- Eco-Friendly Lawn Care Tips for Dallas Residents
Having a brilliant green and lush lawn has long been the envy of many homeowners. Consistently achieving a thick verdant carpet has become the epitome of a well-cared-for property. Often times we see our front lawns as the welcome mat to our homes and businesses. A well-kept lawn and landscape signify dedication and attention to […]JANUARY 7TH, 2019
- Interview: Building a Landscaping Business in the DFW
Interview: Building a Landscaping Business Building a successful business is no small feat, especially in the landscaping industry. You will work hours on end. You will sweat. You will bleed. And you will find after all of that, it was worth every second. This article is the beginning of a series of interviews that we […]JULY 29TH, 2018
- The Worst Weeds in Fort Worth and How to Get Rid of Them
Some weeds always seem to grow faster than the grass. In a sense, those weeds are doing you a favor, since it makes them easier to spot and get rid of. It’s the invaders that are tough to spot that can make themselves at home and ruin your green lawn. You can control the worst […]JULY 17TH, 2019
- The Worst Bugs in Austin and How to Get Rid of them
Living in a lush city with mild winters feels like heaven… until the armies of pests begin to congregate in yards, on patios, and around pools, waiting for their chance to ruin your day. The creepy crawly, not to mention bitey and stingy contingent of this corner of the world can’t help it. They’re thirsty […]JUNE 18TH, 2019
ReviewsOverall Rating: 4.90 / 5 stars (20 reviews)
- Lawn Mowing by Michael AdamsMike's Lawn Service
Michael was very professional, got here and got to work right away. He also gave us a few tips on our grass!
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | JAN 20, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Eric StuyvesantGE Lawn Care
Bag of clippings left in front yard.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | JAN 09, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Andrew RamirezLawn Pro Care
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | JAN 03, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Curtis FaisonMNH
The cut of the lawn is great I'm just concerned about the color, it's starting to brown.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | JAN 03, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Robert PiersonTop Dawg Lawn
He did a great job on the lawn, the only compliant is he didnt close the gate back.... we are very happy!!
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | JAN 02, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Dwayne GiddensGiddens lawn care& pressure washing
Great job. I think we should schedule once a month until April, then we can return to twice a month.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 27, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Caleb TellezMow&Blow Lawn Co
Job was done quickly and efficiently, just before the sun went down.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 27, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Jacob ThompsonA Cut Above Property Maintenance
Think you forgot outside back gate by alley, Please mow and weed eat back there next visit.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 26, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Ramona LaraNew Creation Lawn Pro
very good service....thank you...
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 19, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Feliciano PerezFelicianos lawn maintenance LLC
Great job today!
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 19, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Kevin ThomasThomas Lawn Care
Kevin did a great job cleaning up the leaves in our front and back yard!
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 17, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Janell FaimawPacific Cut Lawn Care
Excellent service very very pleased
RICHARDSON, TEXAS | DEC 17, 2019